We are looking for an Executive Assistant who will support the EVP, Topic Studios and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the day-to-day activities for the EVP, Topic Studios. They will anticipate the needs of the EVP and take the initiative to solve problems thoughtfully and independently. They will also handle all administrative needs and tasks as assigned by the EVP, Topic Studios.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, highly organized, detail-orientated, and a problem solver. They are self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Schedule all meetings and calls for EVP (When calls feature other members of Topic team, work with various schedules to accommodate).
- Manage standing meetings for Topic team that include EVP.
- Submit monthly expense reports on behalf of EVP.
- Book travel and accommodations for EVP.
- Manage EVP’s calendar.
- Assist with managing workflow for EVP. With the assistance of EVP’s direct reports, employee should learn to prioritize meetings and creative workflow for EVP.
- Manage meeting follow-up for Topic Studios and Topic.com. This includes taking notes in all department meetings and making sure executives are aware of and complete necessary next steps.
- Manage and update databases and grids for department reference.
- Work with Head of Production to plan and track department wide travel and event attendance.
- Member of creative team – opportunities for creative input.
Background + Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience or college graduate with 1-2 years administrative experience, preferably in entertainment industry.
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs and be proactive.
- Ability to provide professional and confidential administrative support.
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable and efficient in team environment.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines (both short- and long-term) within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly organized, with strong multi-tasking skills, strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, and have the ability to handle several priorities under tight deadlines.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.