Topic Studios’ Administrative Assistant position will support three executives. The role will require exceptional time management and organizational skills and require an individual that is resourceful, able to anticipate Executive needs, able to manage high stress situations, and has a proven track of providing outstanding executive assistance.
- Provide professional, confidential and administrative support to three Executives.
- Schedule all meetings and calls for three executives (When calls and meetings feature other members of Topic team, work with various schedules to accommodate).
- Maintain call sheets for three executives.
- Manage standing meetings for Topic team that include the three executives.
- Manage preparation for internal and external appointments including conference calls and circulating schedules/ agendas.
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports.
- Book travel and accommodations.
- Assist with managing workflow for executives. With the assistance of SVP’s and VP’s direct reports, employee should learn to prioritize meetings and creative workflow for Execs.
- Liaise within studio and with legal, finance and other internal departments.
- File, research, and manage other general administrative duties.
Background & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years administrative experience, supporting senior professionals as an executive assistant
- Exceptional in MS Office (Specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook) and OS applications (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Strong typing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ideal individual will be highly organized and motivated, able to manage multiple tasks under tight time frames, and a self starter who is able to work both independently and function well within a team.
- The individual will demonstrate strong independent judgment and a high degree of interpersonal effectiveness to be able to deal with stakeholders across various levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where flexibility, keeping others informed and anticipating needs is essential.
- Relationship builder and able to interact professionally and confidently with internal executives and external contacts including high end talent and industry professionals.
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-discipline environment.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Entertainment experience preferred, passion for movies and television a plus.
This is a full-time temporary to possible permanent position.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.