The Manager, Audience Engagement will work with Topic.com’s Director of Audience Engagement to help identify opportunities for engagement across the website, newsletters, Roku/apps, Apple News, and other owned platforms, as well as research and execute partnerships with other brands.
The Manager will help to produce website content, making sure the site is updated, laid out correctly, and optimized for opportunities for recirculation, newsletter signups, and sharing. They will also help produce newsletters, maintaining and improving workflow and messaging to engage these valuable fans of the brand. They will stay current on the latest newsletter strategies and functionalities, always looking for more opportunities for user engagement.
They will help to ensure that our apps, Apple News, and other owned platforms are updated and optimized to get our content to fit on these platforms and perform well. The Manager will help to maintain partner relationships and seek new ones, making sure our content can see reach beyond our own subscribers and site visitors by engaging with outside audiences.
The Manager, Audience Engagement will be an integral member of the Topic.com team and will report to the Director, Audience Engagement.
- Working with Topic.com’s Director of Audience Engagement to formulate and execute engagement strategy across our website, newsletters, apps.
- Managing newsletter subscriber groups and segments and looking for ways to retain loyal subscribers, re-engage dormant audience, and attract new signups.
- Managing A/B testing, re-engagement campaigns, sweepstakes opportunities, popup messaging and management on site and apps.
- Website and newsletter production, including writing copy, image editing, SEO.
- Researching competitors to enhance our own products and stay current with the latest trends.
- Researching similar brands for collaborative promotion, swaps, and other partnerships to help build our website following and newsletter subscriber base.
- Brainstorming enhancements to our site, newsletters, apps, and other owned areas for optimal audience engagement and traffic opportunities.
- Working with First Look Media’s other brands (The Nib, The Intercept, Field of Vision) to identify and act on opportunities for cross-brand promotion and engagement.
Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in web and newsletter production, digital strategy, and audience development/engagement.
- General knowledge of the newsletter universe, latest best practices, and A/B testing.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and ability to generate reports and analyze findings to put into action what we know about how our audience behaves.
- Experience collaborating with other brands.
Topic is the entertainment studio and ambitious storytelling brand dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television (Losers), digital (aka Wyatt Cenac) and podcasts (Anthem, Missing Richard Simmons), we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional –reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.