The Acquisitions Superintendent will inspection, estimate, and manage construction projects of new residential rental home purchases. This role must be able to quickly assess the physical attributes of a residential home and make sound real estate investment decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Inspect homes to create a scope of work that will be the basis of a budget on new property acquisitions.
- Plan and schedule renovation projects for homes prior to home purchase.
- Create and review budgets using an Excel template.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections with the acquisitions team lead.
- Manage 15 to 40 ongoing residential remodeling projects in various phases from estimation to final quality control inspection.
- Manage a vendor base to complete projects within the company’s expected pricing, quality, and timeframes.
- Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work.
- Complete and submit change orders for variances to initial budget.
- Update project and work order tracking systems.
- Review and approve invoices weekly.
- Update the local management team on the status and progress of projects.
- Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming move-in inspections.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own/lease reliable, work appropriate transportation
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Minimum 2 years in construction industry as a general contractor, estate investment or similar role
- Experience with high-volume estimation, writing and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
- Knowledge of property management cycle
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience with residential maintenance and renovation
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Initiative— Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence— Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort— Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.