The Senior Field Manager will oversee all maintenance work orders and construction projects of residential rental homes in their assigned FirstKey Homes market. This is a managerial position with responsibilities that include hiring, training and overseeing a team of construction and maintenance professionals as well as interfacing with a local vendor base.
- Manage between 2 to 6 direct reports and leading a staff of 20 construction and maintenance professionals.
- Identify and solve operational issues in the construction and maintenance function of rental properties.
- Monitor and review budgets for projects in assigned market. Review and submit change orders for variances to initial job budgets.
- Maintain and oversee a schedule of inspections for resident move out.
- Manage the process of receiving, dispatching, and closing out work order requests. Update and process open work orders for the assigned market.
- Manage a vendor base to complete assigned work orders and projects within FirstKey Homes expected pricing, quality, and timeframes.
- Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work and award all approved jobs to appropriate contractors.
- Review and approve contractor invoices weekly.
- Review resident issues involving work order and resolve issues professionally and timely.
- Train, develop and coach Field Manager and Field Associates to ensure they support and achieve property operation goals. Ensure direct reports complete work in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor all key performance indicators and metrics for construction and maintenance in the assigned market. Provide feedback to team on how to improve performance or implement best practices when necessary.
- Update local and corporate management teams on the status and progress on work orders and projects. Provide any recommendations for process improvement.
- Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming move-in inspections.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must travel throughout applicable market about 50% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction management or similar role
- Experience with project management, writing and evaluating project specification and scopes of work
- Knowledge of the property management cycle
- Experience supervising and managing others
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Experience with residential maintenance or renovation
- Experience using mobile construction technologies (Yardi, PhotoNotes, RenoWalk or similar software)
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Building and Construction— Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Management— Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Design— Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Leadership— Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Initiative— Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Persistence— Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.