The Property Manager assists the Regional Operations Manager with the daily oversight and coordination of FirstKey Homes operations in their assigned market. Typical work includes assisting with acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property management, financial performance and collections. The Property Manager will facilitate strong working relationships with staff in the local market, national and corporate offices, and with third-party vendors and leasing firms.
- Review all office related expenses for accuracy and present them to the Regional Operations Manager for submission every Tuesday.
- Scan and deposit all monies received in the local office daily.
- Collect on all tenant maintenance or utility related chargebacks.
- Identify delinquent accounts and coordinate with Property Administrator and Customer Care to resolve matters in a timely manner. If necessary, escalate delinquency matters to internal teams such as Legal
- Manage the renewal process in conjunction with the central renewals team and provide weekly updates to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Manage renewal paperwork needed for all Section 8 or housing-assisted residents.
- Work with leasing agents to obtain a completed file with all application documents.
- Create completed lease packets in compliance with FirstKey Home standards for upcoming move in’s.
- Communicate the move-in process with new residents, while scheduling and confirming all upcoming move-ins.
- Upload all required documents into Yardi and sending the completed files to the Corporate Office for review.
- Perform all additional functions regarding the move-in as per Yardi and accounting guidelines
- Manage Section 8 move-ins to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted timely and that the home passes inspection.
- Ensure all utilities are scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name before performing a move-in.
- Partner directly with the Corporate Administrative Team on all matters related to utilities.
- Accept all notice to vacate (NTV) statements from residents and processing notices in Yardi.
- Schedule pre-move out inspections with residents on notice 7 to 21 days prior to move-out.
- Identify and communicate with residents that may withdraw their notice to vacate while balancing the profitability of the business.
- Communicate and update the Regional Operations Manager about notice to vacate residents and how to decrease the number of move-outs, using FirstKey Home authorized incentives.
- Manage property transfers in accordance with FirstKey Home guidelines.
- Work with turnover representatives within the maintenance department to process move-outs.
- Process all deposit accounting within 7 days of move-out.
- Process all incoming applications and requests for tenancy on applicants with a housing-assistance voucher.
- Schedule and coordinate all pre-move-in inspections with the local Housing Authority and the local Field Management Team.
- Process, communicate, and upload all documents pertaining to changes with HAP agreements into Yardi.
- Manage Section 8 Collections. Identify all accounts that have payment discrepancies and work with the local Housing Authority to resolve the issue so payment can be received.
- Monitor and manage violations, lawsuits, or complaints. Discuss with Regional Operations Manager to obtain input and final decision making.
- Attend court sessions as the FirstKey Homes representative when needed.
- Manage insurance-related issues with the Regional Operations Manager in conjunction with the Maintenance and Leasing Teams (vacant ready homes only).
- Assist Regional Operations Manager with new employee selection. Ensure new employees receive training, development, and coaching as well as ensure they are made aware of appropriate policies and procedures.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
- Must be able to travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- An active real estate license in the applicable state of practice is required
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of asset and operations management
- General knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis
- Experience with project management, process improvement and working with cross-functional teams
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Property Management or similar degree preferred
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
- Management— Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical— Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Achievement/Effort— Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.