SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Leasing Coordinator will assist Leasing Agents in driving the leasing activity for an assigned FirstKey Homes region. The Leasing Coordinator supports one or more Leasing Agents for all aspects of the property marketing and leasing functions which includes gathering completed applications, structuring leasing packages, and scheduling move-in orientations.
- Represent FirstKey Homes to prospective residents in a courteous and professional manner with a focus on putting the customer first.
- Collaborate with Leasing Agents to meet established leasing goals.
- Assist existing residents wishing to transfer to other FirstKey properties.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing this industry, including the Fair Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and any other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
- Assist Leasing Agents with lead follow-up while staying compliant with the restrictions applied to non-licensed employees.
- Process applications to gather necessary documentation and uploading documents to Yardi.
- Send leases to residents for signature and upload fully executed lease to the property management software.
- Schedule move-in orientations for residents.
- Collect application fees, hold fees, and initial funds regarding applicant applications.
- Communicate any home condition feedback to the Senior Field Manager.
- Assist Leasing Agents with special projects, goals, and reports.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Minimum 1-year experience in administrative or similar role
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- General knowledge of reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or similar property management program
- Working knowledge of the following a plus: air conditioning, appliances, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, electricity, carpet, vinyl, windows, painting, and drywall
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Proficient in Spanish, both reading and writing
- Sales and Marketing— Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation— Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.