The Field Inspector will be the face of FirstKey Homes to residents by preparing resident properties for leasing activity and performing resident onboarding activities related to marketing vacant homes. Some light appearance-related maintenance work is involved. The Field Inspector will travel throughout the market and is required to work Saturday and Sunday hours. This role will require overtime most weeks, especially during the first two weeks of any given month. The Field Inspector will be facilitating at least 20 leases per month and 20 property listings per month.
- Post “for lease” signs within 24 hours of unit maintenance work completion.
- Communicate and coordinate with regional marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Assist with resident relations programs, open houses, and special functions.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalence
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own/lease reliable, work appropriate transportation
- Experience with property management principles and lifecycles
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Minimum 1-year experience of full-time, successful property leasing experience
- Experience working in a customer service or sales role
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
- Proficient in Spanish, both reading and writing
- Sales and Marketing— Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation— Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion— Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.