The Regional Maintenance Manager will oversee Maintenance Managers to ensure maintenance requests are fulfilled according to company standards in their assigned FirstKey Homes region, which spans across markets in multiple states. This leader will provide guidance and support, address complex escalated issues, ensure key performance metrics are met, reinforce compliance standards, and mange workforce planning and performance.
- Oversee Maintenance Managers and Vendors in their assigned region to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, residents are highly satisfied, and expenses stay within stated company targets.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators to ensure response times, resident satisfaction and overall productivity standards are met within their portfolio.
- Resolve complex escalated matters from Maintenance Managers in their assigned region.
- Review requests to use third party vendors and approves when appropriate. Review vendor pricing and approve invoices for completed work.
- Train team on newly developed processes and procedures. Train and promote maintenance best practices. Coordinate skills and trade-based training for associates as needed.
- Monitor cost control of service orders and ensure that all maintenance related tasks stay within budget.
- Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and resolves issues with dissatisfied customers.
- Track work orders and report accurate updates.
- Comply with and reinforce all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensures all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Supervise staff, set goals and hold associates and vendors accountable for results.
- Ensure associates have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Track employee training and ensure required training is completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee performance management of personnel which includes: performance reviews, creating corrective actions, mentoring, development and performance improvement plans.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Minimum 8 years of progressive construction management experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with reviewing and understanding cost estimates and scopes of work
- Experience managing multiple contractors/crews at various locations
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role that spans across disperse geographic locations
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with residential property management or residential construction
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or similar property management program
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company