The Process Improvement Analyst will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and providing recommendations for multiple process improvement projects across FirstKey Homes. This role will utilize six sigma frameworks to interface with team members to understand business cases, conduct statistical analyses, build reporting mechanisms, and monitor solutions to ensure inefficiencies are eliminated.
- Conduct data analysis of multiple operational process improvement projects being executed simultaneously across the enterprise to eliminate inefficiencies, streamline processes, help optimize costs and drive scalable growth.
- Meet with business leaders to define business cases, identify process owners and systems, databases and necessary resources needed for process investigation.
- Develop data collection plans, collect data, and map workflows. Interpret results to identify process gaps in quality, reliability, efficiency, and risk.
- Evaluate data and calculate appropriate descriptive and/or inferential statistical analyses; create new variables if necessary, to fit advanced statistical models.
- Generate recommendations and demonstrate how improvements will meet strategic priorities while also considering risk and reward outcomes with cost-benefit analysis findings.
- Present solutions to business partners to prove that the introduction of new processes will be effective, sustainable and improves outputs.
- Create reports, dashboards, or other data visualizations to monitor implemented solutions and identify if solutions need refinement.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Statistics, Operations Management, or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt or equivalent education/experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies including DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, and DFSS
- 1 - 3 years of experience analyzing and monitoring operational data for process improvement projects
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of descriptive and interferential statistics; specific to selecting appropriate tests, conducting analyses, and interpreting results in a business context
- Experience leading, facilitating, collaborating with groups to solve problems and operational improve performance
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Experience using advanced data analysis tools (Minitab, SQL, VBA, Python, Statistical Models, and R)
- Experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Experience creating and using discrete event simulation models
- Experience applying change management techniques
- Graduate degree in related area
- Project Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Systems Evaluation— Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Mathematics— Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.
This document is provided by the Company for the benefit of its employees. It is not a contract and does not create a contract of any kind. The Company, at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend or terminate the document at any time, with or without notice. Final interpretation of the document and its provisions is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department.