SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This Senior Financial Analyst will partner with the various business leaders across the organization, own the functional P&L’s and help deliver insights that will contribute to the leadership meeting their goals. The Senior Financial analyst will also be responsible for the monthly closing and reporting of OpCo results and working with business partners to deliver Annual Plan and Forecasts.
- Finance business partner for the functional leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecast and monthly rolling forecast processes.
- Develop Plan/Forecast templates for departments, work with business partners to create budgets and prepare monthly actual to Plan/Forecast variance reports.
- Conduct monthly financial reviews with the functional leadership identifying risks/opportunities.
- Choose, analyze and quantify cost drivers to forecast expenses.
- Coordinate and partner with accounting during the monthly close process assuring accuracy, integrity and timeliness.
- Work closely with departments to understand variances and provide explanations to the leadership. Research, analyze and help explain any variances to Plan/Forecast.
- Assist with the preparation of the Board package.
- Monitor and document the strategic initiatives development.
- Analyze and understand the data needs of departments to generate needed financial and operating reports and develop a data warehouse. Support with the role out of new planning tools.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Drive process improvement initiatives in the function (standardize/automate).
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computer.
- May at times require travel to local FirstKey Homes markets, less than 20% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance role
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook): experience with vlookups, logic formulas, pivot tables, complex nested formula’s, macro experience
- Financial modelling
- Proven ability to manage, analyze and parse large quantities of data to find relevant information for use by multiple levels of management
- Proven ability to interact cross functionally as a business partner
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or similar field
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Experience working with and knowledge of SQL.
- Economics and Accounting— Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics— Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making— Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Mathematics— Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Independence— Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Continuous improvement – Job requires a mindset of continuous process improvement.