Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a seasoned Sr. Frontend Software Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing technologies to the limits. You’ll work closely with the data team and the rest of the engineering team to build elegant and scalable product experience across multiple platforms.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and development scalable frontend logging infrastructure, trackers and metrics products
- Design and build AI-driven product interfaces and toolings for ML use cases
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web/mobile applications
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Develop continuous integration and end-to-end UI testing infrastructure
- Write clean and elegant code
We’ll be excited if you have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Expert level experience with HTML, CSS, experience, including concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types
- Strong experience working with build tools such as Webpack, npm
- Strong experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques for faster page load times, browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Interest in infrastructural and foundation technologies in frontend/ web related domains (such as Beacon API)
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and data and infrastructure engineers
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.