Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a talented Game Engine Software Engineer with experience building photorealistic digital humans with the Unity3D, Unreal, or other equivalent game engines. The engineer will work with a global team of talents to build the best-in-class VR/AR video and streaming experience.
What you'll be doing
- Build quick prototypes to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the VR/AR space
- Use game engine and implement tools and services to create humanoid characters and photorealistic digital humans
- Control digital humans with computational results from AI models
- Work closely with a team of talented product managers, designers, and engineers to build world-class entertainment products.
We'll be excited if you have
- A passionate story-teller and life-hacker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Graphics, Game Design, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience with Unity3D/Unreal engines. Familiar with AR, VR and Deep Learning technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of using game engines for real-time or non-real time video generation.
- Experienced and thorough understanding of MetaHuman Creator, Humanoid Avatars SDK, or equivalent.
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Ability to pick up a new programming language used in custom tool-sets or open source libraries of game engines.
- Data-driven but also imaginative and intuitive in coming up with ideas and solutions.
- Comfortable with fast-paced change: ability to demonstrate comfort with ambiguity, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic setting.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills.
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.