Firework is the world’s leading unified video commerce platform that empowers its global partners to personalize the customer experience and engagement at scale. Firework bridges the offline and online for a robust omnichannel immersive brand experience cultivating a deeper emotional human connection between our partners and their end consumers. We are customer-centric and inspired to win together offering total solutions with endless possibilities to help our customers increase purchases and conversions using the power of video. At the heart, we are a global and diverse team of “SuperSpark” creators, entrepreneurs, life-long learners, and data geeks driven by the future of authenticity to transform commerce. Firework has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2. Come reimagine the online customer experience with us.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a Sr./Staff Machine Learning Engineer. This role will develop real-time predictive models using machine learning and advanced statistical techniques to analyze and identify key insights and patterns that influence strategic decision making, including optimizing our content recommendation system.
What you'll be doing
- Build production applications with latest text, image, and video based Generative AI technologies
- Optimize state of the art AI models for media generation
- Fine tuning LLM models with proprietary knowledge base
- Build tooling to improve the efficiency and reliability of distributed training
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Master’s or PhD’s degree in computer science or related field is a huge plus
- 3+ years of experience in a role work closely with machine learning model inferencing and training on GPU
- 3 + years of experience with building production grade AI applications
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++, CUDA and extensive experience profiling GPU performance and distributed training runs
- Experience with lower level multimedia processing and optimizations is a huge plus
- Publication and research experience in GenAI is a huge plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly innovative and fast-paced workspace and able to make decisions within a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
As a hybrid office-centric company, we are looking for candidates in San Mateo, California. Candidates outside the location are encouraged to apply though must be willing to relocate.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role: The estimated pay range for this role is $150,000 - 180,000.The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change. The total compensation package may include stock options. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity. Candidates may receive more information from the talent partner.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.