Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer as the first hire on the team. This role will develop real-time predictive models using machine learning and advanced statistical techniques to analyze and identify key insights and patterns that influence strategic decision making, including optimizing our content recommendation system.
What you'll be doing
- Use a variety of techniques including predictive modeling, recommendation engines, and site and user experience optimization
- Research, implement, and analyze prototype algorithms for various machine learning initiatives; quantify and document performance capabilities and limitations
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex and large data sets
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities, especially on content recommendation systems
- Support our data modeling efforts to ensure we are capturing the data needed to improve our modeling capabilities
- Work closely with stakeholders to come up with data-driven tools and solutions to solve complex business challenges
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Excellent problem solving, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly and logically to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Practical experience working with large datasets and hands-on development of AI and machine learning algorithms and models
- Comfortable with change: ability to demonstrate comfort with ambiguity, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic setting
- Must possess a start-up team-first mindset: hunger to learn quickly and the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.