Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a seasoned Sr. Front-End Software Developer who takes a customer-oriented approach to building and scaling highly-visible front architecture and design. You love solving complex problems with creativity and find joy building things from scratch via simple, optimized robust code.
What you'll be doing
- Assess, define, and develop rich user interface and experience across scalable and distributed sites and systems that integrate with back-end components
- Integrate with product managers, designers, and the rest of the engineering team to create elegant, responsive, and scalable user experience across multiple devices
- Partner closely with the engineering team to improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Review code by your peers and help and provide insights from your experience of building and maintaining a repository of high-quality and reusable front end code
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to key technical and business stakeholders, proactively informing of important project details and phases of development
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years of related experience and 5+ years of experience as project lead/core development
- Advanced proficiency in building responsive and scalable Web applications in React
- Proven experience with AJAX, XML, JSON, and best practice design patterns
- Familiarity with UX principles and site performance optimization
- Advanced knowledge/ experience with React
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures and algorithms
- Working experience with automated testing and version control systems like Git
- Comfortable with pair-programming and moving fast in a flat, highly productive start-up environment
- Team-oriented mindset and excellent communication skills; ability to understand different perspectives and contribute to meaningful technical discussions
BIG PLUS if you have
- Content management system
- User Experience design methodologies
- NodeJS, Elixir, Python
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.