Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Firework is a global start-up in high-growth mode. We are growing and building our global AdOps team and we are looking for a talented Director, AdOps. This function is deeply integrated with Product Management and our partners.
What you'll be doing
- Identify, develop, and deploy global departmental best practices to drive greater efficiencies, leading the team to identify opportunities for improvement within processes, supporting systems, and communication channels
- Manage client expectations and ensure deliverables are met in accordance with agreed upon service level agreements
- Act as a strategic partner within account teams; provide consultation to clients on the correct setup of campaigns, tagging of clients sites, and the use of ad technologies to meet client needs
- Implement measurement solutions including trafficking and ad monetization on demand and supply campaigns
- Responsible for managing the trafficking, delivery, optimizations, and reporting of digital ad campaigns for multiple advertisers within a team environment
We'll be excited if you have
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of experience in programmatic advertising, Ad Operations, preferably publisher and/or agency-side working
- 4+ years management experience
- Extensive and continuously evolving knowledge of the broadcast media landscape with an established and active network in the industry
- Must have strong leadership and management capabilities, operationally and strategically
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Fast-paced, resilient, operate with urgency, and ability to execute with ambiguity
- Strong sense of empathy and a flexible customer-oriented leadership style
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Ability to understand debug third party remarketing pixels, rich Media(Expandable, Video, Floating), Mobile, Video(VAST, VPAID) and Standard Display Ads
- Fluent in both Japanese and English language, both written and spoken
The role may be hybrid in our Tokyo office or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates in Japan.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.