Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a seasoned iOS Software Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will join a small team and build a consumer-facing product that will transform how users create and discover inspirational content everyday. You possess a working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
What you'll be doing
- Architect and implement complex software systems for the iOS platform
- As an integrated part of the business, collaborate with cross-functional teams to build scalable features that align with the business goals
- Build beautiful, exact user interfaces that delight our users and meet the highest standard of fit and finish
- Identify technical problems in our software and take an active approach in fixing them
- Work closely with backend engineers to optimize APIs for consumption in our native mobile apps
- Participate in architectural design and code reviews. Work with other engineers to craft robust and optimized solutions to problems while applying best practices in iOS development
- Mentor other engineers and may lead as the subject matter expert on the iOS platform and initiatives
- Stay current with changes in mobile software engineering, specifically in the iOS ecosystem
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 8+ years experience developing consumer-facing iOS applications using Objective-C and Swift. Must have in-depth advanced understanding of both and be able to demonstrate the ability to materialize ideas by writing code in Objective-C or Swift
- Expert knowledge of building complex software systems
- Have built and submitted your own iOS apps to the App Store
- Driven by ownership and have taken on various complex projects end to end
- Data-conscious, creative, and iterative approach to debugging, problem-solving, and development in general
- Excellent communicator and able to communicate abstract concepts to others and break down complex problems into smaller ones
- Team-oriented and open to perspectives that are different from your own
- Thrive with change and ambiguity. Must be able to adapt quickly in a fast iterating start-up environment
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don't hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.