Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, livestreaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to over 250 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India,Poland, Brazil and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming e-commerce. The company’s investors include IDG Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners and GSR Ventures, with over $80 million in capital raised to date.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a talented Sr. Backend Architect to join the global team and bring technical expertise and leadership along with hands-on development of backend software architecture and SaaS solutions to drive large-scale impact. You see the “big picture” of the broader business and our customers while blending deep technical experience to architect, design, and execute scalable solutions to support our fast-paced startup environment.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and maintain new services and application programming interfaces (APIs) and cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, other engineers/teams, and leadership and lead the end-to-end development of assigned product initiatives that directly impact our business customers. You'll figure out how infrastructure should be architected, write the code, write the unit tests, and own execution; you must be comfortable coding up to 60% of the time at this stage
- Ensure coherence of all aspects of projects as an integrated system and uphold overall technical quality
- Strategize and develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
We'll be excited if you have
- Master’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience designing high-performance RESTful web services serving billions of requests per day.
- 8+ years of experience with Cloud applications and System Architecture
- Advanced production with Elixir and Phoenix experience a big plus
- Experience working with Elixir and Scalability
- Able to define architecture, infrastructure, general layout of the system, technologies and frameworks and take complete responsibility
- Superior communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and influence various technical and non-technical audiences of all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with change: ability to demonstrate comfort with ambiguity, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic setting
- Excellent business acumen and demonstrated ability to balance data-driven decision-making with intuitive and creative solutions
- Must possess a start-up team mindset; able to operate with both urgency and performance in mind
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don't hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.