Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Firework is a global start-up in hyper-growth mode with a mission to change how businesses engage and excite their customers. Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a talented and experienced Sr. Android Software Engineer to join our engineering team. This role influences the designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform.
What you'll be doing
- Work with backend teams to drive the API design for mobile consumption, and work across the different layers of a native Android app/SDK such as networking, data persistence, and UI
- Engage with the product team and partners to define and develop the product and technical roadmap
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams to craft and execute beautiful, perfect pixel quality applications
- Contribute, implement, and develop new Android features from scratch to scale
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology infrastructure and architecture
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years of professional Android development experience
- 4+ years of experience working with Android framework
- 4+ years of experience working with Java and some experience with Kotlin
- Expertise with Android lifecycle and SQL and database server
- Experience with the new Modern Android Development skills
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable with pair-programming and moving fast
- Love building things from scratch and creative solutions to problems
- Great at communication and teamwork
BIG PLUS if you have
- Experience working with ExoPlayer or MediaPlayer
- Experience building apps/SDKs for Connected TV and other IoT devices
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don't hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.