COVID Update - We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since FireHydrant started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to gather as a company again periodically, but we put our employees' health and well-being (and their families) first.
FireHydrant helps companies recover from IT disasters more quickly. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, Retrospectives, and Deploy Events so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We're a Series A company with over 20 employees who sit across the United States, and we're growing.
About The Role
The role we're looking to fill is an opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and product management who wants to work hand in hand with a world-class team of engineers and designers. The product you'll help build and shape impacts companies in the most stressful moments when their applications aren't working. Your job will help businesses improve reliability practices, increase organizational trust, and augment engineering teams, all while making the experience feel more intuitive, informed, and personal.
What You'll Do
- You'll deliver a product that reflects a uniquely FireHydrant perspective on how to achieve it
- You'll help manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work, so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You'll deeply know the problems that you're tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You'll collaborate with your team in thinking big to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You'll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You'll continually evaluate if your answers have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta's and after full release
- You'll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You'll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team
- You can communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You're comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You've conducted user research, a/b tests, and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You're entrepreneurial; you don't need a lot of direction; you're self-driven.
- You're organized, not ad hoc.
- You're able to switch between thinking creatively and analytically easily.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications.
Life at FireHydrant
- We're remote-first with employees around the US; our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, GitHub pull requests, Notion, Clubhouse, Miro, and Figma
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we're early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- A stipend to outfit your home office beyond the laptop/monitor
- 401k match