COVID Update - We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since FireHydrant started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.
FireHydrant helps companies recover from IT disasters more quickly. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, Retrospectives, and Deploy Events so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series A company with around 20 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing.
About the Role
As a software engineer, you’ll build the foundational services that power our product and scale to meet our customer’s needs. You’ll work with a variety of technologies as you design, build, and ship our rapidly expanding product. As an early member of our team, you’ll get to lay the groundwork for future product innovation and scaling capabilities.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building developer-focused products, care deeply about security and customer trust, and are comfortable learning new skills that will deliver value to our customers.
You'll be working on
- Scalable, resilient systems that support product and feature development
- Integration with third-party tools like chat, alerting, project management, source control, and CI/CD
- Building a high-volume event intake platform where missing a beat means missing critical customer data
- Responding to production issues through an on-call rotation, our systems need to be working when our customer’s systems aren’t
We're looking for someone who
- Has experience or interest in building distributed, resilient systems that scale
- Can pick the right technologies for the job, and can learn the right technologies when they need
- Takes ownership of a project from concept to production
- Enjoys working with, teaching, and learning from a diverse group of people
- Knows why good is better than good enough, but also knows why perfect is the enemy of good
- Build a reliable and flexible pipeline to ingest alerts from a variety of providers, transform them into our data structures and present the most actionable data to customers
- Develop integrations with project management tools like Asana, Clubhouse and Trello to create follow-up items from incidents and keep their status in sync for use in reporting systems
- Create valuable reporting systems used by customer leadership teams in staying informed on the reliability of their teams' services
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with engineers around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, GitHub pull requests, Notion, and Clubhouse
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we’re early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- 401k match