JOB TITLE: Gameplay Engineer
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired gameplay programmer to join our award-winning development team. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment, therefore we are looking for someone who can communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers, and artists.
What You Will Do:
- Implement gameplay features within an established framework.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skillset and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
- Good communication skills.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay.
- Experience with current console systems.
- Passion for turn-based strategy games or board games.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.