Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
What We Need:
We are searching for an expert Lead to own the technical animation and rigging team for Civilization. As Lead Technical Animator you will work closely with the Art Director, Lead Character Artist, Lead Animator, and the Technical Animation team to ensure that our pipelines, tools, and technical personnel are optimized and being utilized to the fullest possible extent. The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated. They value teamwork and collaboration and enjoy crafting tools that make other people’s jobs more successful. They also have a vision and passion for creating powerful tools that build powerful characters and performances.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and mentor Technical Animators on your project.
- Working with animation to define, build, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs.
- Design and support complex character, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya.
- Own the skinning process for your project including characters, garments, weapons, vehicles, and props.
- Build custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation teams.
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets into your game engines (this may include motion capture, cloth simulations, dynamics, and other animation related fields).
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 8+ years of proven experience as a tech animator/animator.
- At least two shipped titles as Technical Animator.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Maya.
- Detailed understanding of human anatomy.
- A leadership philosophy that encourages giving ownership, delegating to others, and helping them succeed.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for making games.
- Experience with Animation or Unreal Engine or Physics Simulation (cloth, hair, etc) would be a plus
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of growing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.