Audio Systems Engineer
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired audio programmer to join our award-winning development team. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment, therefore we are looking for someone who can communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers, and artists.
- Implement audio features within an established framework.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with audio designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skillset and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Experience working with asynchronous, latency dependent systems.
- Experience working with a team of audio content designers.
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
- Good communication skills.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience with Wwise
- Experience with current console systems.
- Passion for turn-based strategy games or board games.