Jr. DevOps Engineer
Firaxis Games is seeking a motivated Jr. DevOps Engineer to join our talented engineering team. The role’s responsibilities will be primarily focused on supporting and maintaining the automated builds and deployments of applications/online services. The role will interact with Firaxis development teams to increase the deployment reliability and frequency of game applications/services.
- Support cloud-based architectures; deploy and maintain applications/services in AWS
- Working knowledge of automating deployments within Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment paradigm
- 1-2 years experience with Unix/Linux supporting container based applications/services
- Basic knowledge of script languages (ex. Bash, Python, Groovy, or Perl)
- Excellent attention to detail and high quality work
- Ability to troubleshoot issues at an application/networking level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill both verbal and written with an emphasis on customer service
- Proficient documentation and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 1-2 years work experience (or equivalent related training and experience)
- Knowledge of using Docker and the Kubernetes orchestration engine for configuring, building, and deploying Linux containers
- Working knowledge using Jenkins automation server to build and deploy applications
- Ability to continually improve CI/CD pipeline frameworks using application, cloud services, and database test routines with an AWS Hybrid cloud environment
- Familiarity with script languages Python, Bash, and Groovy
- Working knowledge of source code management/version control (Perforce, git)
- Understanding of build and release tools (Make, Cloudformation, AWS Codebuild)
- Worked in agile development scrum based team environment
- Knowledge of database systems - AWS RDS, MySQL, NoSQL
- Familiarity with Cloud and Cloud Hybrid distributed computer networks and systems.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Firaxis.com accounts.