USER INTERFACE DESIGNER
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled User Interface Designer to help take our games to the next level. As a User Interface Designer you will work closely with the UI/UX Lead Designer, Game Designers, and the UI Engineers to create a visually compelling and user friendly interface for our games.
You will be creating interfaces for some of the most complex strategy games around, for a variety of platforms, so be prepared for opportunities which are both challenging and unique!
- Create wireframes, prototypes and mockups to previsualize designs
- Create modern, high quality user interface assets
- Provide user interface and user experience expertise to help define and develop our games
- Iterate on look and feel of the UI, incorporating feedback from design, to produce the most user friendly and visually compelling experience possible
- Stay current on trends and technology in UI/UX and bring that to bear to improve our pipelines and products
- 3+ years with hands on working with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and HTML
- 2+ years game development experience focused on UI/UX
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Expertise in designing and demonstrating user flow
- Expertise in Photoshop
- Demonstrate an understanding of readability and iconography, including a strong understanding of effective use of color and composition
- An understanding of the basic principles of animation for motion graphics
- A strong understanding of graphic design principles
- A passion for user interface design, making games, and art
- Experience with various game engines is a plus
- Experience in Illustrator and working with vector based assets
- Hands on experience building interfaces for PC, console, and/or mobile games
- Hands on work with Motion Graphics in AfterEffects, DaVinci Fusion, or via CSS
- Working within Visual Studio Code
- Knowledge of SASS (SCSS)
- Passion for strategy games; particularly Civilization and XCOM titles.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and Firaxis.com accounts.