We’re looking for an ambitious User Experience Researcher to join our team in London. It’s an exciting time to join the Findmypast Design Team – we’re expanding, becoming more user-centric, working with agile processes and experimentation tools in cross-functional teams.
Millions of customers trust us to give them the tools they need to build their family tree and discover their ancestors. This role is a fantastic opportunity to use your research and insight skills to drive our roadmap, make a meaningful impact on our customers and help us deliver best-in-class family history products.
The successful applicant will be a team player with a good blend of quantitative and qualitative skills, and a passion for our users.
We believe in:
- The value of great design.
- Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- The value of data, but we aim to be data-informed, rather than data driven
- We like to work hard, but we like to laugh and have fun while we’re at it. Happy, motivated teams build better products!
Essential skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - you must be able to translate business and user needs into research plans and objectives.
- Extensive experience of conducting user research and the research process, including: drafting discussion guides; recruiting participants; ethnographic research; carrying out guerrilla/pop-up testing; interviewing; moderating focus groups and usability test sessions.
- A proven track record of turning the output of research and testing into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills; the successful applicant will be comfortable presenting findings or insight in a compelling way to teams and stakeholders across the business.
- An ability to deliver at pace in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- An extensive knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Experience working with web analytics.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- User experience mapping
- Facilitating workshops
- UX design skills: prototyping, wireframing
- Programme management experience
We're passionate about building the best Product team in London! Please apply now.