We’re looking for an ambitious, eager-to-grow junior Designer to join our team in Dundee. It’s a really exciting time to join the Findmypast Design Team – we’re growing, becoming more user-centric, and working with agile processes in cross-functional teams.
Millions of customers trust us to give them the tools they need to build their family tree and discover their ancestors.
The successful applicant will be a team player with great visual design skills, a flair for design and a strong desire to learn.
We believe in:
- The value of great design.
- Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- We like to work hard, but we like have fun while we’re at it. Happy, motivated teams build better products!
Essential skills and Experience:
- 1-4 years’ experience in digital design, or be a recent graduate looking for their first digital design role
- Great UI and visual design skills. You love crafting detailed, beautiful products
- Genuine passion for digital design
- A portfolio full of great projects, which show skill and creativity
- Experience working collaboratively with a team on projects
- Knowledge of Sketch or Adobe CS Suite
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Positive, can-do attitude
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Prototyping skills: using tools like Invision, Flinto, JustInMind and Marvel
- UX design skills: interaction design, wireframing, user testing
- Personal interest in family history
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and Lean methods of working
We're passionate about building the best Product Design team possible! Please apply now.