This is a great opportunity to join our global team and make the role your own!
As our Office Assistant and Tech Coordinator you’ll be the glue that holds us all together and helps to champions our company culture across teams and locations. This is a varied and busy role with dual reporting into our Office and Facilities Manager and dotted line into our Chief Technology officer. You’ll be the first point of contact for our visitors and employees and provide excellent facilities, and admin support, helping to maintain our office entertainment ensuring we reflect our company culture across all locations. You’ll also play a lead role in helping to coordinating our busy Engineering department, working alongside the Tech leadership to support a range of meetings, events and other ad-hoc admin duties. . This role is perfect for someone extremely proactive, who can identify and implement new ways of working and initiatives to really help embed our culture.
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast, Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive.
And if you thought family history was a little dry and dusty, think again! We're a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace.
Our quirky head office is based in a converted chapel in London's trendy Old Street. And because we know a happy team is a productive one, we work as hard at making the office a fun environment for everyone to work in. So whether it's free fruit, subsidized gym membership, cycle to work schemes or a complimentary lunch once a month – you'll find the perks are pretty good at Findmypast.
Over 100 people work in our London head office, but we've also got offices in New York, Provo, Sydney, Dublin and Dundee.
You can find out more about working at Findmypast here
- Helping us make sure that FMPs culture is consistent across all location by identifying and planning regular culture initiative across all locations.
- Working with our Office and Facilities Manager to constantly identify opportunities for our office spaces to be improved, resolving any issues and keeping our employees happy.
- Active member of the Culture Club
Front of House:
- Being our Head of First Impressions, greeting all guests and visitors and signing them in
- Answering the main switchboard phone and dealing with and directing enquires
- Ordering supplies for the office, ordering couriers, taxis, answering enquiries on the phone, dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Contributes to our culture by planning and organising regular and ad hoc events across our global locations (e.g. monthly lunch, Christmas parties) in line with agreed budgets
- Managing all communications for events
- Identify and plan events in our global offices
Travel and Accommodation:
- Organise and book international and domestic travel itineraries for all staff (minus the Exec and some of the USA staff) across all offices – London, Dundee, Ireland, Australia; including booking flights, trains, car hire and arranging accommodation (researching options where necessary)
- Working within agreed company budgets as outlined in the Expenses Policy.
- PO requests – using our finance system “dynamix” to raise POs for departments across the business.
- Expenses – helping our colleagues to submit expense claims if they need assistance.
- Organisation and full event management of the Engineering Team Summit
- Keeping the Engineering team org chart up to date and liaising with HR to ensure any changes are regularly reflected in the company org chart
- Setting up the On-Call Rota, managing the spreadsheet / call out information
- Work closely with Tech leadership team to complete probation review meetings and file paperwork with HR
- Book conferences and manage budgets for spend over the year
- Attend the twice weekly tech leadership team meetings and tech all hands to take notes
- Help out with general admin duties ad hoc with the engineers – e.g. organising food and drink for Dojos, team drinks etc
- Be the general point of contact for any admin queries
- Book travel for all engineers as needed
Other General Support
- On occasions covering PA duties during busier periods or covering absence or annual leave
- Provide support to the Talent team on occasion during busier periods or to help support culture initiatives
- First Aider and Fire Warden (training will be given)
- Truly enjoys interacting with people and has excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Has a strong work ethic and takes ownership of their work
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, teamwork and genuine interest in others
- General office experience
- Excellent telephone manner and experience dealing with a switchboard
- Experience of organising events, preferably across global locations
- Extremely proactive and able to identify new opportunities
- Excellent problem solver and calm under pressure
- Efficient and well organised with great attention to detail
- Ability to write engaging content for a variety of audiences
- Experience of all Microsoft Office packages including word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience or interest in working with developers/Tech organisation
- Educated to A Level
- Qualified First Aider or Fire Warden
- Experience of working with finance systems
- Experience of booking travel