Findmypast is the world’s leading site for British and Irish family history. Our vision is to enrich people’s lives by connecting them to their past, present and future, and we’re seeking a creative digital designer to lead our visual external presentation.
You’ll have the opportunity to set the creative voice for the company, advising on tone, imagery and graphic design.
You’ll be interested in history, heritage and culture and be excited by the prospect of translating that into content that genuinely engages and inspires people.
You’ll play a vital hands-on role within our fast-paced content team, creating social media campaigns to e-books and webinar slides, email marketing to infographics and data visualisation projects, all with an emphasis on visual storytelling.
You’ll often align with product designers to ensure consistency across the brand, and this is an exciting opportunity for you to flex your artistic muscle and bring content alive, developing your original ideas from sketchpad doodles to multi-media campaigns.
A British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a suite of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and the British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU), we work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy.
Our London head office is a converted chapel in the heart of Old Street. A passionate and sociable bunch, we take pride in everything we do. Always innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return, we offer a fun and vibrant workplace with generous, flexible benefits.
- Be confident leading the design of content marketing materials: landing pages, digital interactives, infographics, animations, emails, e-books and occasional print materials
- Be able to create effective, engaging designs across digital and social platforms, and occasionally extend into print
- Be able to manage the digital and print design process, ensuring high-quality assets are delivered on time, within budget
- Bring creativity and innovation into all your work
- Advocate for our users through design, creating user-centric digital products
- Be across market and competitor trends, ensuring industry knowledge and learnings are brought into your work
- Experience developing a brand’s creative voice and visual tone
- 5 years+ experience in digital design
- Experience designing for mobile and mobile-first
- Experience designing social media assets, digital assets and emails
- Experience working to brand guidelines and design principles across platforms
- Experience designing infographics, data visualisations
- An excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications; Sketch an advantage
- An excellent portfolio, showcasing your passion for graphic design, storytelling through design and demonstrating your strong sense of composition, layout, typography and colour
Please apply now!