Our vision is to enrich people’s lives by connecting them to their past, present and future.
Findmypast, the world’s leading site for British and Irish family history, is seeking a talented digital designer to join our creative and fast-paced content team.
You’ll be interested in history, heritage and culture and will be excited by the prospect of translating that into digital and social media content, from social media campaigns to e-books and webinars, email marketing to infographics and data visualisation projects.
Findmypast is one of the leading websites for family research in the world. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a suite of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and the British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU).
Our London head office is a converted chapel based in the heart of Old Street. We're a passionate and sociable bunch who take pride in everything we do. We are always innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history and we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a fun and vibrant workplace and generous flexible benefits.
Over 100 people work in our London head office, but we've also got offices in Dundee, New York, Provo, Sydney and Dublin. When we’re not designing creative and engaging content for our target audience, we’re out for lunch, a beer or two … or still in the office playing ping pong.
It’s a really exciting time to join the Findmypast content team – we’re working on social media and user-generated storytelling, digital marketing campaigns and data-led projects. It’s a fantastic opportunity to make an impact on an industry ripe for disruption.
- Lead the design of content marketing materials, from landing pages to interactives, infographics to social graphics, emails to e-books and occasional print materials
- Be able to create simple, effective, engaging designs across digital and social platforms and occasionally extending into print
- Have a remit to – and be proactive at – bringing creativity and innovation into Findmypast’s design
- Advocate for our users through design, creating user-centric digital products
- Be across market and competitor trends, ensuring industry knowledge and learnings are brought into Findmypast’s work
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital design
- Experience designing for mobile and mobile-first
- Experience designing social media assets, digital assets and emails
- Experience working to brand guidelines and design principles across platforms
- Experience designing infographics, data visualisations
- An excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- An excellent portfolio, showcasing your passion for storytelling through design and your strong sense of composition, layout, typography and colour
- Pension – 3% employee and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance
We also offer a flexible benefits system where you can select from the following benefits up to the value of 3% of salary:
- Pension: Additional 3% employer contribution (must be matched by employee)
- Health and Wellbeing:
- Private medical cover
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cash It’s also an option to have your 3% benefits allowance paid as a cash amount.
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Free fruit
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website