Based in Dundee, the Customer Support team deal with a range of queries, complaints and feedback from our customers. This gives us enormous insight into products, services and opinions; from subscription and research enquiries to product orders and customer queries. Customer Support is on hand to listen and answer customer queries via email, livechat, social media and phone.
We love our customers and we’re looking for someone who can help us delight and support them every day to give them the best experience. If you are passionate about family history and get a kick out of making people happy, then this role could be perfect for you. Join our outstanding Customer Support team and you’ll help us deliver the world-class customer experience we strive for. Our customers are on the ultimate search to discover their ancestry and your role will be to ensure someone who cares is there for them from the moment they get in touch; guaranteeing consistently high standards and a friendly, professional approach so that the customer’s journey with us is seamless.
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive.
And if you thought family history was a little dry and dusty, think again! We're a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace.
And because we know a happy team is a productive one, we work as hard at making the office a fun environment for everyone to work in. So whether it's free fruit, subsidized gym membership, cycle to work schemes or a complimentary lunch once a month – you'll find the perks are pretty good at Findmypast.
It's not just what you do, but how you do it so Findmypast values are an important part of how we work. Our four values Be Bold, Be Honest, Be Brilliant and Be Caring are at the heart of everything we do.
We are a global company with a London head office, and offices in New York, Provo, Sydney, Dublin and Dundee.
Responsibilities of the role
- Delivering a fast, efficient response to customers and potential customers via email, livechat and telephone (inbound and outbound)
- Deliver excellent customer service by efficiently managing and resolving complaints and queries to the highest standards
- Providing help and support to customer queries and responding positively to customer feedback
- Liaise with both customers and internal departments, problem solving and resolving customer issues
- Co-ordinating closely with Marketing, Content and Tech teams
- To identify and report any potential site or user issues
- Accurately capture customer data
- Responding to Social Media queries and comments
- Contribute to the overall achievement of agreed response times/SLAs
- Deliver personal KPIs and objectives, as agreed with your line manager
- Accurate data capture for use in influencing business decisions
- Minimum two years experience in working in a Customer Service contact centre environment, both in telephone and email support (Live Chat, social media an advantage)
- Passionate in championing the customer
- High standard of written and spoken English
- A pro-active approach to learning within a small team. Take responsibility for own development.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office products (typing speed 30WPM) and aptitude to swiftly learn internal systems
- Ability to quickly analyse complicated information and solve problems
- Excellent team working skills essential as well as a proven ability to work in isolation and on own initiative
- Thorough attention to detail and commitment to delivering best customer experience
- A good working knowledge of the most popular internet browsers and common website processes
- Patience and calmness under pressure
- Ability to accept constructive feedback positively and real desire to learn and improve quality of work
- Proven complaint handling / resolution skills
- Willingness to go over and above the call of duty to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience of working in a customer service contact centre environment
- Experience of working in social media customer service
- Experience of responding to customers via Live Chat
- An interest in Family History