Findmypast is entering in to a period of sustained growth and expansion, both in the UK and the USA, as it looks to capitalise on the growing interest of consumers to understand their personal heritage and to leave a legacy for future generations of their family. As a business built on “Big Data” we have unique insight in to the past, unrivalled by companies like Google and Facebook and we are planning significant product development in the coming months and years. The role of the Product Manager is to drive forward the delivery of the product strategy by working with customers, marketing, engineering and business stakeholders to deliver an outcome focussed approach to Product Management.
This is an important role and will require an exceptional individual who is driven, focussed, organised and creative. One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive.
And if you thought family history was a little dry and dusty, think again! We're a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace. We work as hard at making the office a fun environment for everyone to work in. So whether it's free fruit, subsidized gym membership, cycle to work schemes or a complimentary lunch once a month – you'll find the perks are pretty good at Findmypast.
- Discovering and defining the backlog for strategically important products and initiatives using proven and systematic methods
- Developing lean testing methodologies to minimise wastage and maximise customer and business value
- Planning and executing the Product Development Lifecycle
- Defining key product metrics and measuring progress against them
- Leading the product delivery process for the products you own
- Working with the Analytics team to deeply understand user behaviour and needs through qualitative and quantitative analysis and using this insight to drive growth in the product
- Regular reporting on progress/outcomes to ensure transparency and support for the efforts of the Product Management team
- A successful and demonstrable record of Product Management/Product Design within subscription
- based/Freemium consumer facing products
- Significant experience of working in an Agile environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in parallel, often with fluid requirements and priorities
- To have experience of customer testing (Qual & Quant) and the integration of feedback in to products
- To have an analytical mind-set, ideally including Google Analytics and business modelling experience
- To have worked with Big Data in the context of consumer facing applications
- To have a degree in Computer Science or related technical fields (not essential for the role)
- To have worked in an outcome focused Product Engineering team where experimentation is the norm