We are excited to be hiring Senior and Principal Software Engineers as we expand our team in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is a great opportunity to join a new development project and to be involved from inception through to delivery of what we believe and hope will be a ground-breaking piece of work.
We believe engineers should be empowered to create solutions in an environment where the best idea floats to the top, rather than a top down approach!
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Embrace functional programming, learn and master Elixir, Phoenix, React, Node and others
- Be part of an XP focused team with a strong emphasis on Continuous Integration, TDD and Pair-programming.
- Work in an autonomous, self-directed, lean and agile software environment where hierarchy is kept to a minimum
- Work on the latest architecture paradigms and technical challenges
- Be part of what we hope will be an industry ground-breaking project.
The successful applicants will have:
- Extensive experience working in the Genealogy space, specifically the area around Tree development.
- Extensive commercial software engineering experience, having been involved and influential in architectural and technical decisions.
- The ability to lead, coach and mentor other engineers
- An understanding of the data structures behind Family Trees.
- Be able to discuss the relative merits and drawbacks of various technical approaches to Family Tree development
- Demonstrated success as an engineer, with significant successful projects under their belt
- Mastery of more than 1 programming language
- Experience working on scalable web applications, services, APIs or high traffic sites
- An open mind to being a full stack developer – even if it’s not 50/50 back / frontend!
- Passion for quality and a TDD approach
- A strong Devops approach
- The ability to work with non co-located colleagues in either the UK or the US
- Available to work alongside colleagues in Dundee and/or London for a period of at least 3 months, at the outset of the project. (It does not have to be contiguous)
- A hunger to be a lifelong learner and embrace our tech stack and processes
- A passion for family history and / or software engineering experience in the genealogy industry
You are welcome to review our tech blog and explore content from our engineering team: http://tech.findmypast.com
Please apply now or contact me for a confidential call.