One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU).
And if you thought family history was a little dry and dusty, think again! We're a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace.
Our quirky head office is based in a converted chapel in London's trendy Old Street. And because we know a happy team is a productive one, we work as hard at making the office a fun environment for everyone to work in. So whether it's free fruit, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work schemes or a complimentary lunch once a month – you'll find the perks are pretty good at Findmypast.
When we’re not designing best-in-class genealogy products, we’re out for lunch, a beer or two…or still in the office playing ping pong.
It’s a really exciting time to join the Findmypast Product team – we’re expanding our portfolio and working with Agile processes in cross functional teams. Millions of customers trust us to give them the tools they need to build their family tree, so you can be sure that you will have an impact!
We’re looking for a talented, ambitious, Junior Product Designer to join our team in London.
As a Junior Product Designer, you will:
- Work in a cross-functional environment — collaborating with other designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and experts from across the business.
- Get end-to-end experience designing, testing and launching digital products for an international audience.
- Design beautiful, functional user-centered products to delight our customers.
- Develop a broad Product Design skill set, and be given the opportunity to refine or specialise in areas you are passionate about.
- Contribute to Findmypast’s design culture, toolset and practices.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1-4 year(s) experience working in digital design.
- A passion for user-centered design and a desire to learn.
- A good portfolio, showcasing your UI/UX skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems in your work, and communicate your thought processes as a designer.
- A sense of humour.