Findmypast are looking for software engineers that want to make a difference to join our growing Dundee team. We want passionate people that use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the people research social and family history.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour, engineering guilds and attending conferences
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests
Who you are
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages and are up for learning more
- You love learning and will appreciate our self directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and engineering guilds
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development
- You love working as part of a team
The Dundee team
As one of our Dundee engineers you will join one of our three product delivery teams or two platform teams offering you a wide variety of work. We operate in autonomous cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analytics and product. Our working practices help us move fast but help us keep our pace sustainable and maintain a strong work-life balance. In February 2018 we will be moving into the new state of the art DC Thomson offices at Meadowside in Dundee city centre.
Our tech stack
Findmypast is the technology company behind the online genealogy brand Findmypast and the social history brand The British Newspaper Archive. We get two million page views per day from fifty thousand unique visitors. The foundation of our products is an ever growing database of eight billion historical records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits include pension, private medical cover, gym discounts, dedicated yearly training budget to use as you see fit, relaxed dress code, informal environment and morale events. We host yearly tech summits where all the engineering team members come together off site, share knowledge and hang out.
We're passionate about building the best engineering team in Dundee! Please apply below.