Company and context
Here at the The Financial Times, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
A key part of the FT business, providing significant revenue and contribution to the FT, is FT Specialist (which is part of the wider FT Group Products portfolio). This is an exciting time for FT Specialist as we are creating a large, new, cross functional product & technology team in Sofia to support the needs of this part of the business. The team’s focus will be across 3 distinct areas:
- Existing products - protecting existing profit and enabling outcome driven development e.g. increased engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Incremental growth from existing products - via product extensions, driving additional revenue.
- Diversification - growing and diversifying through new growth initiatives into new markets.
The FT Specialist portfolio consists of 16 different brands including Investors Chronicle, FDI Intelligence, and the Banker, to name a few. Operationally this portfolio is also comprised of FT Live and Events businesses, The NED (Non-Executive Directors) Club, 125 Forum, and How to Spend it (HTSI) magazine.
We’re looking for a permanent Business Analyst to join the Technology team in Sofia to support our FT Specialist teams within the Group Products Programme. The role is based in Sofia, and there is an expectation that the Business Analyst will travel to London to meet and engage with stakeholders and other members of the team.
As the Business Analyst on FT Specialist, you will be responsible and accountable for the analysis carried out on development projects within the programme. Working with a Senior Business Analyst, you will also work with Product Managers, UX Product Designers, Project Managers and Engineering teams to deliver outcomes for our customers or business teams. Projects might include developing new features on websites, platform integrations and business process improvements. There are a number of exciting initiatives in the pipeline which focus on the themes of customer or audience acquisition, retention and engagement to support the strategic theme of operational growth in the long term.
Our BAs are adaptable, flexing our approach to analysis depending on the stakeholders, technology and business needs. We’re empowered to work in the best way for the project and ultimately deliver value for our stakeholders and the business.
This role could be for you if
- Your stakeholders love you. You build effective working relationships and mediate in meetings and discussions to manage differing personalities
- Developers trust you. You are able to explain business needs in terms of what that means for the tools or websites we build, and can explain technical terms to stakeholders
- You’re able to extract the true value and business need from a business request
- You can communicate business & technical complexity and distill detail into clearly understandable concepts, to your team, and stakeholders
- You are able to pay attention to the details, as well as understand the bigger picture, and can manage changing priorities
- Business Analysis experience
- A variety of analysis and problem-solving techniques to call upon
- Experience of conducting analysis in an Agile environment. You might have experience in Lean, Scrum, Kanban, UX, Anarchy, or a mix of all of the above
- Experience of working with Product Managers, Product or UX Designers and stakeholders, from senior management level to end-users
You might also have
- Experience working on customer-facing products, and an understanding of the value proposition for customers, and brand reputatio
- Experience in using data-driven metrics to assess the value of any changes made or needed, and measure the results
Our Social Package includes
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Allowance
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Financial Times! Click to find out more about us on FT.com.
Don't hesitate to send over your CV!
Diversity means a lot to us.
The Financial Times Ltd. is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to build a diverse group at all levels of our company and welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.