Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
Global Client Services promote client and user centricity in everything we do, and work collaboratively across the FT Group and with sales teams to create compelling, high performance branded content campaigns, delivered with world class service.
Part of this department, the Creative Services team delivers exceptionally crafted campaigns with particular attention to efficiency, optimisation of processes, FT brand integrity and internal collaboration.
The Role / Position Overview
We are looking for a Web Designer supporting the creative team responsible for the delivery of branded content online.
What you’ll be doing
Day to day, you’ll report into the Head of Creative Services, work alongside our Senior Web Developer and Digital Producer, and be responsible for managing young talents. You will liaise with a number of stakeholders within the Commercial and Product departments with the aim of producing engaging visual design, from concept to final hand-off, as well as looking after its performance and carry out routine updates to website layouts.
You’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, actively consulting and collaborating with teammates and stakeholders so that your design solutions are commercially viable and technically feasible.
- Own the design and UX of our branded content articles
- Prototype new designs, page layouts and functionalities
- Work closely with Content Directors and Web Developers to bring ideas to life
- Collaborate with the Commercial Product and Marketing teams to improve on the performance of branded content campaigns
- Track and interpret user feedback to deliver the ultimate user experience
- Come up with ideas to develop new and existing functionalities
- Leading and developing junior designers through on the job training and coaching
Key skills and experience required:
- Previous experience designing web and mobile applications
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator, and XD or Figma
- Understanding of UX design principles, knowledge of usability and web accessibility
- A working knowledge of in HTML, CSS and JS (React knowledge is highly desirable)
- Proven experience as a senior web designer or similar role, including management or supervisory experience
- Great project and time management skills
- Experience within B2C and luxury brands is highly desirable
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.