Campus Recruiting Lead FinTech Investment Banking
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking a Campus Recruiting Lead.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by the M&A Advisor. FT was also named the #8 Best Internship Program for 2022 according to Firsthand (Vault).
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London, and Los Angeles.
Role Description: The Campus Recruitment Lead will be responsible for full cycle recruitment of summer and full-time associate roles across our Investment Banking and Private Capital Markets businesses. This includes the planning and execution of “on-campus” attraction events, driving direct sourcing recruiting efforts, advising the business on best in class recruiting strategies, developing an external network to understand the competitive landscape and hiring practices. Day-to-day responsibilities include facilitating interviews, maintaining real time updates in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse), executing towards our workforce demand plan, facilitating diversity initiatives, managing university relationships and candidate communication. The Campus Recruiting Lead will also help design and manage the summer internship program and ensure strong summer intern conversions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, with strong academic achievement
- 3+ years of Campus Recruitment experience in the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong overall project management skill set
- Strong general analytical skills and ability to navigate MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work independently and navigate a dynamic environment
- Strong team player, prior team members want to work with you again because you are second to none when it comes to collaboration and partnership
- Operationally excellent, continually optimizing process, tools, reporting, and systems to enable results and utilizes data to drive decision-making
- Collaborative - builds trust and communicates with clarity, influence, partnership, and inspiration across many different types of audiences
- Enjoys navigating ambiguous environments with curiosity, strategic thinking, and a hands-on approach
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Payoneer's $3.8 billion Merger with FTAC Olympus Acquisition Corp.
- Divvy's $2.5 billion Sale to Bill.com
- GreenSky’s $2.2 billion Sale to Goldman Sachs
- Forge’s $2 billion Merger with Motive Capital Corp.
- Revolut's $800 million Financing at a $33 billion Valuation
- Mollie's $800 million Financing
- Currencycloud’s £700 million Sale to Visa
- Varo’s $510 million E Round Financing
- AvidXchange's ~$400 million Financing
- Bolt’s $393 million Series D Financing
- Feedzai's $200 million Series D Financing
- The Zebra's $150 million Series D Financing
- Upgrade’s $105 million Series E Financing at a $3.3 billion Valuation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.