Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking Private Capital Markets MBA Summer Associates.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by the M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London, and Los Angeles.
Role Description: The summer associate internship is a 10-week program beginning in June 2022. PCM is a centralized unit within FT Partners that focuses on strengthening our relationships with the investor universe and executing on transactions that involve financial buyers in both M&A and capital raising processes. The PCM Summer Associate will play an integral role in managing the firm’s equity and debt capital network.
This role requires prior deal expertise and existing relationships with financial sponsors. In addition to deal execution and relationship building, there will be a focus on operations, working with the technology team to build the internal infrastructure and robust data-set to provide better solutions for our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work side by side with senior bankers in an entrepreneurial and collaborative team environment.
- Currently enrolled in a top tier Master of Business Administration program, graduating in 2023
- Undergraduate degree with a 3.5 GPA or greater
- Strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and takes initiative
- High-level of integrity and ethical standards through action and behavior
- Ability to competently navigate investment firms and speak with investment professionals
- Investment banking or related interest (private equity sponsor coverage is a plus)
- Strong professional network and relationships at investment firms
- Expertise with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) processes and systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously delivering top-quality work
- Proven to success working under pressure amid tight deadlines
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Prior deal experience
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Payoneer's $3.8 billion Merger with FTAC Olympus Acquisition Corp.
- Divvy's $2.5 billion Sale to Bill.com
- GreenSky’s $2.2 billion Sale to Goldman Sachs
- Forge’s $2 billion Merger with Motive Capital Corp.
- Revolut's $800 million Financing at a $33 billion Valuation
- Mollie's $800 million Financing
- Currencycloud’s £700 million Sale to Visa
- Varo’s $510 million E Round Financing
- AvidXchange's ~$400 million Financing
- Bolt’s $393 million Series D Financing
- Feedzai's $200 million Series D Financing
- The Zebra's $150 million Series D Financing
- Upgrade’s $105 million Series E Financing at a $3.3 billion Valuation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.