Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking experienced Investment Banking Associates.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Associates are involved in all aspects of originating and executing live transactions, including extensive financial modeling and analysis, company valuation, corporate and industry research, strategic analysis and recommendation, identification of business development opportunities, due diligence, preparation of client presentation materials and identification of corporate and financial sponsor buyers and investors. Associates assume significant responsibility by working closely with senior investment bankers, overseeing and executing day-to-day deal activities and managing and training analysts. Associates will gain significant exposure to industry leaders, top private equity and venture capital investors and cutting-edge technology companies. Our Associates provide leadership and mentorship to Analysts, taking an active role in their recruiting, training, and professional development.
- Must have 2+ years of full-time investment banking experience in M&A sell side advisory
- FINRA Series 63 and 79 registration
- Undergraduate degree with a 3.5 GPA or greater
- Demonstrated capability to lead and manage projects
- Excellent organizational, execution and time management skills; attention to detail
- Relationship management skills, able to interact with all levels within an organization
- Strong presentation skills in both large and small group settings
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Proven quantitative and technical skills
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the complexities of any task or challenge
- Strong work ethic and drive with a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Ebury’s $445 million Majority Investment from Banco Santander
- Currencies Direct’s $310 million+ Sale to Palamon Capital Partners and Corsair Capital
- OakNorth’s $270 million+ Financing
- Checkout’s $230 million Series A Financing
- Mambu’s $135 million Series D Financing
- PPRO’s $90 million Growth Financing
- Currencycloud’s $80 million Series E Financing
- GoCardless’ $76 million Series E Financing
- GPS’ $58 million Financing
- Nutmeg’s $58 million Series E Financing
- Moneyfarm’s $45 million Series C Financing
- Payworks’ Sale to Visa
- Smart2Pay’s Sale to Nuvei
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.