Payroll Analyst – FinTech Investment Banking
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking a Payroll Analyst.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Reporting to the Controller in Finance and Accounting, the Payroll Analyst will be responsible for company-wide payroll processing for employees in multiple states and countries. The Payroll Analyst will be the go-to person for all questions related to benefits, deductions, 401(k), terminations, mat leaves, tax withholdings, etc. as it relates to "what shows up on my paycheck". This colleague will receive, assess, and validate HR and employee changes; enter pay and tax changes; and annually conduct cost analysis on new benefits. The successful candidate will also be required to audit and analyze multi-province employee transactions checking for accuracy, timely processing and compliance. They will also demonstrate proactive and productive analytical thinking, troubleshooting capacity, and ability to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Strong understanding of general HR & payroll wage and hour laws, tax laws, functions and processes
- Proven analysis and audit experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including excel (ex. functions, pivot tables, macros)
- Experience in payroll and time administration/timekeeping background including troubleshooting, compliance and reporting, and data integrity
- Experience working with an HRIS system is preferred. TriNet experience would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Payoneer in its $3.8 billion sale to
- Assurance IQ in its $3.5 billion sale to Prudential (NYSE: PRU)
- Divvy in its $2.5 billion sale to Bill.com (NYSE:BILL)
- Open Lending (NASDAQ:LPRO) in its sale to Nebula Acquisition Corp
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Finicity in its $985 million sale to Mastercard (NYSE: MA)
- Mollie in its $800 million minority investment led by Blackstone Growth, EQT and General Atlantic
- Marqeta in $505 million in minority investments from Coatue, Iconiq, Visa and others
- PPRO in $370 million in minority investments from JP Morgan, Eldridge Industries and others
- Interswitch in its $200 million minority investment led by Visa
- Checkout.com in its $230 million minority investment from Insight, DST, GIC, and others
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- Instamed in its $500+ million sale to JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM)
- Stone in its $1.4 billion IPO
- FleetOne in its $369 million sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- AvidXchange in its $956 million in financings from investors including MasterCard (NYSE:MA), Neuberger Berman, Lone Pine Capital CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Automatic in its $115 million sale to SiriusXM (NASDAQ: SIRI)
- GoCardless in its $75 million minority investment from Adams Street Partners and Google Ventures
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.