Multiplayer is the passion and drive behind Final Strike’s team of industry veterans. With collaboration and respect at the core of our multidisciplinary studio, we specialize in developing unique player experiences at a AAA level for both PC and Console.
We are looking for a Senior Designer with a sharp eye for detail dedicated to shipping the highest quality product. You will be working on a brand new IP and your passion for gameplay design will help implement unique gameplay features that includes being involved in the conceptual phase all the way to the final product. You are passionate about the features you build and will be the champion for those features. You have a positive outlook on work and life overall. We make games, and it’s pretty awesome!
- Handle a set of features from conceptualization to the final delivery
- Prototype in whatever format makes the most sense to prove out ideas (Design docs, wireframes, flow charts, mockups, editor implementation)
- Collaborate with the team through all phases of development, including working with production and engineer to effectively scope, prioritize, and deliver the highest quality features
- Communicate the technical requirements and vision for design workflows and pipelines
- Join playtests and drive solutions for any encountered problems
- Translate collected relevant feedback into action items and lead documentation processes
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least one Multiplayer/Live Services shipped AAA title
- 5+ years of game design experience on console and/or PC
- Professional experience working in the Unreal Engine implementing content directly
- Extensive experience in early stage gameplay and CCC experience
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums and all levels to ensure the best game is built
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape and the gaming industry overall
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
- High-quality bar and obsessive attention to detail
Nice to have
- Experience in shipping games on multiple platforms
- Ability to see (near visual acuity) and hear, either naturally or with correction, and speak well enough to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately
- Must be able to meet physical requirements that include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, gross manipulation
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demands
Compensation & Employee Benefits
When we find the right person, we try to make an offer that will excite you. We consider your unique experience and the skills you bring, other qualifications like level of education attained, certificates/professional licenses held, etc. where you live/will be performing the job, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, as well as what you’re looking for. The annual base compensation for this role in Washington is anticipated to be between $116,153 - $142,347 (Level 1) and between $134,338 - $160,832 (Level 2). Final offer amounts are determined by a variety of factors, including where the work will be performed, and may vary from the range above. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. In addition to competitive base salaries, we also offer robust employee benefits:
- Health & Wellbeing: We know wellness is multi-dimensional, just like our employees. FSG offers comprehensive health coverage and covers 100% of premiums for the whole family. We also offer mental health support and cash perks for wellbeing, whatever that means for you.
- Total Rewards: We want you to feel empowered in all of life’s circumstances. In addition to offering competitive salaries, we offer stock options, bonuses, disability and life insurance, and retirement savings with matching.
- Remote Perks: We’re bringing all of the perks of an office to you! Treat yourself to a favorite snack and/or get that caffeine fix. We’ll also help you outfit your home office with furniture, gadgets and internet.
- Flexible Time Off: We know that being your best at work means the ability to be present outside of work. We offer generous vacation benefits starting at 15 days per year, along with 10 days of wellness leave per year, paid holidays, floating holidays, and paid parental leave.
- Growth: Our studio is filled with innovators and fearless explorers of the unknown. These values lend themselves to curiosity and a passion for learning, which is why we prioritize career advancement opportunities, training, and professional development.
Connection: We believe in hiring the best people, and that great teams make great games. We create opportunities several times a year to come together as a studio to play and build lifelong connections.
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
Meet us at GDC, March 20 to 25th.
Please apply for the role you are interested in below and then send us an email if you would like to schedule an informal meeting in San Francisco. FSGGDC@finalstrikegames.com