Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Lead Quest Designer to help create engaging AAA user experiences. The ideal candidate is skillful across several Design areas, can rapidly create mockups and iterate on ideas, is self-motivated, and is a good communicator.
The Lead Quest Designer will apply critical thinking and imagination to help make the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. The ideal candidate will be driving the design and creation of engaging and innovative quest gameplay experiences. Communication and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable quest content.
- Execute across all stages of development: from paper prototypes to feature documentation and in-game implementation
- Ability to execute under various constraints to create high-quality designs on schedule
- Pitch and iterate on designs to support new features and gameplay changes
- Implement assets in-engine and manage files through source control
- Write & maintain design documentation and processes for owned features & work
- Frequently manage JIRA items for owned features & work
- Support & mentor members of the design team with feedback, engine assistance, and professional growth
- Run & participate in daily playtests to collect feedback and create action items for owned feature teams
- Identify and fix Design bugs
- Collaborate with the Production team to maintain schedule and priorities of the design teams deliverables and bug fixes
- 10+ years of game design experience on console and/or PC
- 2+ years of experience with AAA Live Service Design
- Professional experience working in the Unreal Engine implementing content directly
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and direction well and is willing to learn and teach others
- Ability to analyze and adapt designs quickly based on feedback and data
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
- High-quality bar and obsessive attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Applicable degrees or equivalent experiences
- A positive outlook on work and life overall. We make games, and it’s pretty awesome.
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Meet us at GDC, March 20 to 25th.
Please apply for the role you are interested in below and then send us an email if you would like to schedule an informal meeting in San Francisco. FSGGDC@finalstrikegames.com