Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
We make multiplayer, and we’re looking for a supremely talented Lead Character Artist to help us create visually outstanding experiences for players!
You have a proven track record of creating industry-leading character art and are comfortable playing an instrumental role in a fast-paced development team, setting standards through craft and collaboration.
- Create industry-leading character, prop and weapon assets (models, textures, materials, etc)
- Identify emerging trends/tech to improve pipeline and process across the character department
- Collaborate proactively with neighboring departments (gameplay, concept, animation, etc.) to ensure finalized asset’s form, function and technical requirements are met
- Effectively implement feedback from the partners while advancing the established art style
- Manage a limited number of outsourced assets while prioritizing work within your schedule
- Lead and Mentor junior artists
- 10+ years relevant work experience related to video game production
- Exceptional understanding of foundational art theory (silhouette, shape, color, value, form, light)
- Expert skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop (or equivalent software
- 3+ shipped titles for PC or Console
Nice to have:
- 2+ years Unreal Engine experience
- 2+ years Substance Designer experience
- Deep knowledge of varied art disciplines (e.g. animation, illustration, graphic design, etc.)
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.