Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
As Lead Animator, you will help bridge the animation between engineering and design to bring our characters and weapons to life. You will be responsible for holding reviews, providing creative feedback to the animation team and leading by example.
You must be highly organized, able to partner with production to ensure schedules and milestones are met, have outstanding cross departmental communication skills, and be able to encourage the team to produce the highest quality of animations.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries and working on a brand new IP to bring our characters, weapons, and gameplay to life, this is the opportunity for you.
- Manage a team of animators, giving constructive feedback while mentoring and growing talent, to deliver AAA quality animation
- Work with the animation team to plan, develop, and implement new industry leading animations for gameplay in weapons, characters, and more
- Review all animations from the team to ensure they meet the quality standards before they are sent off to the client
- Collaborate with the External Partners and Production to build and maintain an animation schedule that works with the overall project milestones
- Work closely with the Partners to define and maintain the vision for character and object animations
- Be a point of contact for all communication in and out of Animation
- Drive improvements to the animation pipeline
- Manage and mentor more junior members of the animation team
- 6+ years experience as an animator in the game industry and 2+ shipped titles
- Ability to create AAA quality animations
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of 3D animation rigging
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask
- Proven mentorship and interpersonal skills
- Complete understanding of game production process, end to end
- Experienced with use of motion capture
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating first person animation
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, and Slack
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.