Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Artist to help create class-leading multiplayer game experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work with the animation team to plan, develop, and implement new animations
- Maintain and improve technical infrastructure to animate characters
- Supplement the Character TD with animation tools and rigging solutions
- Be a bridge between animators and engineers in the game engine.
- Assist with the set-up of the facial animation infrastructure
- Work closely with the Lead Animator and Art Director to maintain visual style and quality.
- Familiar with game engine tool development
- Responsible for effectively communicating with developers to improve game efficiency and performance, overall appearance in high/mid/low configuration and reducing low performance thresholds
- Work with programmers, artists, and designers to establish metrics and workflows around performance management and asset validation to ensure that the game operates within established targets
- Create and maintain tools to assist artists with their daily workflows
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Art role with 1 shipped AAA titles
- Proficiency in 3D art creation software, including: SP, 3DMax, Maya, ZBrush, XSI, Photoshop, etc
- Proficiency in C++/Python
- Unreal Engine
- Absolute love for playing and making video games
- Ability to see (near visual acuity) and hear, either naturally or with correction, and speak well enough to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately
- Must be able to meet physical requirements that include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, and gross manipulation
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demands
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.