Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games (FSG) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Accounting Manager with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial activities for the company. This position will carry most of the accounting related and finance-related activities within our small, but growing studio, with offices in both the US and Canada. A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate those reports to managers and business partners.
Reports to: CEO
- Owns all AP & AR related activities, which includes integration and synching of 3rd party apps into payroll vendor systems (i.e. Quickbooks, Trax, etc.)
- Reconcile balance sheet, bank accounts, payroll, and customer accounts in support of monthly close processes, and on an as-needed basis, verifying deposits, and addressing inquiries from bank
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Prepare monthly financial statements (profit & loss, balance sheet, etc.), in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or financial reporting standards
- Recommends updates to enhance accounting software and/or processes
- Responsible for tax planning in consideration of US and Canadian entities, determining all tax credits available to the business (Canada and U.S.). Liaison with external tax preparers for annual tax returns
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors to provide needed information if/when applicable
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- 5+ years of progressive and related experience
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and tax laws
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process, including accruals and revenue recognition
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new software and programs quickly
- Excellent documentation skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
Nice to have:
- CPA Preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks or similar financial software preferred
- Game Industry experience would be considered an advantage
- Ability to see (near visual acuity) and hear, either naturally or with correction, and speak well enough to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately
- Must be able to meet physical requirements that include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, and gross manipulation
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demands
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.