Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Technical Art Director to help drive the performance and assist in defining a unique and ownable art style. The Technical Art Director will bridge between Art, Engineering, and Design teams, oversee the technical art department and focus on setting the highest quality.
The ideal candidate has experience as a leader and as a senior member of game development . They must be passionate about performance, achieving the highest quality bar, tools development and enhanced workflows. They must be a good communicator, and should be able to help make other team members become even better at what they do.
The Technical Art Director will apply critical thinking and imagination to help make the development of the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. You will have a proven track record of meeting high expectations and hitting milestone deliverables.
Leadership, communication, and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable games.
- Represent Final Strike Games’ in all areas of technical character art and R&D.
- Lead, mentor, and hire technical artists as required, with an intention to build a top-class character art dept.
- Draft, develop and communicate technical art direction, standards and production processes to allow scalable approaches for character content development.
- Research and develop technical solutions for effectively and efficiently creating main character topologies that support gameplay and visual requirements.
- Partner with Animation, and Rigging to define requirements for effective character setup.
- Research, propose and develop technical solutions for effectively creating character customisation content and live service demands.
- Work with Artists, Engineers, and designers to convert prototype character prototypes into well defined, scalable solutions.
- Build milestone user stories and generate estimates for project planning.
- 3+ years of Technical Art Direction experience in game development, working on PC or Consoles.
- 5+ years of Technical Art experience in game development
- Expert ability in Unreal
- Actively worked on and shipped at least one AAA title.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and mentor technical teams across quality and performance.
- Deep experience writing shaders with languages like HLSL and GLSL.
- Experience with procedural content creation tools, such as Houdini.
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering pipelines, workflows, and limitations.
- Expert understanding of game art creation tools, requirements and processes.
- Proven Unreal Engine 4/5 knowledge in actual game development.
- Experience with current generation console platforms.
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and give direction to the team.
- The ability to sell, present, and talk through your thinking, technical solutions and overall process to all levels of management.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Strong ability to quickly analyze and adapt pipelines and technology to continuously improve on them
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of C++
- Ability to write tools in Python for DCC applications.
- Technical writing experience
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at email@example.com for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.