Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a Lead Tools Engineer to lead a team of engineers who will spec and implement Unreal Engine tools and features to improve studio efficiency and capability. You’ll be working closely with rendering, animation, gameplay, and others to analyze and implement those tools. You have a strong sense of systems architecture and engineering best practices. You will work on a wide variety of technologies and languages - from artist-focused tools like Maya or Unreal, web systems to facilitate build deployment, or anything in between. You have a passion for building technology for the benefit of others, and you're a team player with strong interpersonal skills that can help bring technical solutions to creative problems.
Reports to: Technical Director
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of Software Engineers responsible for editor tools, game engine plugins + features, and automated testing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess tech requirements and plan the development of our editor tools, plugins, and engine runtime.
- Own our Asset + Content pipeline to bring AAA quality assets into the game
- Thorough understanding of Content Creation and Asset Management pipelines for Games
- Deep and current knowledge of Unreal Engine and new features like Nanite and World Partition
- Ability to manage large, diverse codebases with multiple branches.
- Can work effectively in limited resource environments while identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Strong C++, Python, and UE Blueprint skills
- Experience with DCC/Scene Editing environments (Maya, 3dsMax, Unreal)
- Has shipped multiple game titles as a Tools Engineer, ideally in a leadership role.
Nice to have:
- 3D Math, Lighting Algorithms, Shaders, Character Animation
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.