Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Material Artist to help develop amazing materials and textures for our games . The Material Artist will help drive the look and style of the game by building and maintaining a library of materials to be used for both environments and characters
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in many different applications, and serving many different customers on the team. Making sure things are efficient and frustration-free should be a priority in everything you make. You must be a good communicator, and you should be able to help make other team members become even better at what they do.
The Material Artist will apply critical thinking and imagination to help make the development of the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. You will have a proven track record of meeting high expectations and hitting milestone deliverables.
Creativity, Quality, Communication, and Collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable games.
- Create high quality materials for Characters and Environments
- Develop and maintain material libraries to meet the Art Direction goals
- Knowledge of Material attributes and Material functions in Unreal
- Inspire and empower the art team to do their very best work, as easily as possible
- Author clear, performant material node graphs for Unreal
- Collaborate with Engineers to optimize runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Breaking down existing processes and pipelines, identifying where improvements can be made, explaining to your customers what needs to happen, build consensus around the ideas and then execute on the plan.
- Work closely with key contributors to build, oversee and maintain material pipelines.
- Implement assets in-engine and manage files through source control
- Write & maintain concise documentation and processes for owned features & work
- 3+ years of Material Artist experience in game development, working on PC or Consoles.
- A strong understanding of technical foundations behind high quality textures and materials
- Proficient in creating PBR materials/shaders using node-based material editors, tiled layered material systems, shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Strong understanding of Unreal, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop and modeling/baking/texturing.
- Actively worked on and shipped at least one AAA title
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering pipelines, workflows, and limitations.
- Expert understanding of game art creation tools, requirements and processes.
- Proven Unreal Engine 4/5 knowledge in actual game development
- Experience with current generation console platforms
- Experience developing core mechanics for a variety of experiences
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and direction well and is willing to learn and teach others
- The ability to sell, present, and talk through your thinking, technical solutions and overall process to all levels of the team
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Strong traditional art foundation and understanding
- Experience in building amazing character materials
- Knowledge of landscape materials
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at email@example.com for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.